We are using Collaborate virtual classrooms for scheduled live sessions with guest speakers. A big Thank You to Sylvia Currie and the SCoPE community for this facility. There is also a general ‘free-for-all’ room available to everyone and a separate room for assessed participants (see bottom of this page for details). If you have not used Blackboard Collaborate before, here is a Quick Guide for Participants and a link to Blackboard Collaborates technical support page.
Live sessions in Blackboard Collaborate will be held on the following dates and at the same time each week (Click on the Table to see it more clearly). After each session we will add links to the recordings so that you can catch up or watch again.
Click here to enter the Blackboard Collaborate room. (See time zones below)
LIVE SESSIONS – CHECK YOUR TIME ZONE
- Wed 23 May – Recorded Collaborate Session Welcome, Introduction, Reflective Practice and Open Academic Practice. Watch the week 1 videos on Youtube. And download the slides here (goes to SlideShare 4.7 Mb pptx file).
- Wed 30 May – Recorded Collaborate Session And download Frances Bell’s slides here (goes to SlideShare, 2.5 Mb pptx file). Watch the week 2 videos on Youtube.
- Wed 6 June – Recorded Collaborate Session And download Etienne and Beverley Wenger-Trayner’s slides (you may have to click ‘login as guest’). Watch the week 3 video on Youtube.
- Wed 13 June – Recorded Collaborate Session. Reading for Dave White’s session fslt12 Resources DavidWhite. Watch the week 4 videos on Youtube.
- Wed 20 June – Recording of Microteaching Showcase Session
- Fri 22 June – Recording of Microteaching Showcase Session
- Tuesday 26 June 1000-1050 BST – Supplementary simulcast of Brookes Learning and Teaching Conference presentation by George Roberts: Testing the Limits of University Teaching: Openness, Assessment and Collaboration. Link to recorded session. Slides from the session.
Free-for-all virtual classroom
You are free to use this other classroom whenever you like, for example to have synchronous conversations with other participants, or to try out your own moderating or microteaching. DO NOT USE THIS ROOM FOR THE SCHEDULED LIVE SESSIONS.
- Access the general classroom as moderator: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=727&miuid=CF198934C6053F9443972C87AF80C434 (only one person at a time may access the classroom using this link, but you can give other people moderator privileges within the classroom)
- Access the general classroom as guest: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=727&password=M.EA15291AE190A475703CADEA34233C (use this link if someone has already entered the classroom as moderator)
- General classroom recordings will be listed here: https://sas.elluminate.com/mrtbl?suid=M.B747294955A270D7302FED0C0A6347&sid=727 (you will need to deliberately turn on the recording)
Room for assessed participants
Access this through the assessment section of the Moodle site.